A leaking roof is the most obvious sign you need a new roof, but it’s not the only sign. If you wait too long, you run the risk of causing damage to the interior of your home, including drywall, paint, and mold issues. Be proactive in identifying smaller problems before they become costly by practicing regular roof maintenance and look for signs of damage.Don’t wait Till It’s Too Late!
Signs Your Roof Needs Replaced
- A droopy, sagging roof may be a sign that there is a leak in the area and the decking is being damaged by water intrusion.
- If shingles are old, curling, split, they may lose their waterproofing effectiveness exposing the roof to water damage and rot.
- Know when your roof was installed as this offers insight to the roof’s life expectancy.
- Check the gutters and downspouts for shingle granules—a roof that is losing a lot of granules may be at the end of its useful life.
- Check for rusted or missing flashing. Flashing is the metal where the roofing sections meet; surrounds chimneys, skylights, and vent pipes.
- Check your attic and look for beams of light coming through the top of the house or stains and streaks, which signal a leaky roof.
If you are not sure, Contact AWS Roofing! When it comes to roof replacements, AWS Roofing has you covered. We are committed to providing superior SERVICES and PRODUCTS with a proven track record of serving our clients with integrity since 1987. AWS Roofing is state licensed, fully insured and bonded. Give us a call or CONTACT US. Like our many SATISFIED CUSTOMERS, you’ll be glad you did!