5 SIGNS TO KNOW WHEN TO REPLACE YOUR ROOF
A lot of homeowners believe the lack of any active or visible leaks means their roof is still good. However, that is not always the case. DO NOT wait until there is a visible leak. Fixing minor repairs and maintaining your roof properly will help keep the cost of a new roof down and limit what needs to be replaced in the long run.
Major Signs of Wear-N-Tear:
1. Missing Shingles or Tiles: When shingles or tiles go missing or are moved out of place it leaves underlayment exposed to the extreme weathers. This will lead to wood damage, and further roof damage.
2. Discoloration: If you can see where the color of the roof has begun to have streaks, or takes on a different color than the rest of the roof, it’s time to get your roof inspected. Mold and moss are known for growing on roofs. If left untreated, mold can be harmful for your roof and especially you.
3. Age: When you roof starts to get to about 10-15 years old, it’s good to start shopping around to prepare yourself for a budget and options.
4. Saggy Roof: When you can see dips in your roof, it’s time for a new one! Rotten framing, sheathing, or decking can result in a sinking roof. When moisture gets into wood, it can ruin the integrity making the structure unstable. Sagging roofs are often in danger of collapsing.
5. Storm or Other Damage: Living in Florida, we have all seen the devastating affects of winds, storms, hurricanes, and hail damage. Any extreme weathers hurts the integrity of your roofing system and lessen the life.
Water damage and leaks grow slowly over time, and can end up costing you if you put off hiring a roof repair specialist. The best form of roof maintenance is regular inspections and preventative repairs.
Call AWS ROOFING for a free inspection and estimate! (386) 423-3076
AWS Roofing is a family ran business. We take pride in the fact that the majority of our business comes from referrals. Below are some of our client testimonials. Feel free to look at our other REVIEWS and then contact us for a FREE ESTIMATE.