Like most home improvement projects, taking the time to prepare for your residential roof installation can make a world of difference. It can help the project run smoothly, minimize disruptions to your daily routine, and even save money.
As an experienced roofing contractor, we at AWS Roofing know a thing or two about roof installations. Our experts are here to share their top tips to prepare for your new project.
1. Do Your Research
Always do your due diligence and understand what kind of roof installation you want. Are you looking for a metal roof or layers of shingles? What do you want the edge of the roof to look like?
Asking yourself these questions can help you communicate your needs to potential contractors more effectively. It can also help you get a better sense of the costs involved and the projected timeline.
Other things to consider before you install a new roof include:
- Permits. In some cases, you may need to obtain a permit before having work done on your roof. Some contractors will take care of this for you, but it’s always good to check beforehand.
- Weather forecast. Before scheduling your roof installation, make sure to check the weather forecast. If there’s a chance of rain or severe weather conditions, consider rescheduling.
- Home insurance. Check-in with your home insurance provider to see if they have any requirements or recommendations for roof installation projects.
2. Ready Your Home
Once you’ve done your research and are ready to move forward with the project, it’s time to start preparing your property. If you have any loose items in your yard, like lawn furniture or children’s toys, be sure to put them away.
You should also clear any vehicles from your driveway or garage that might be in the way. If possible, try to park them on the street or in a neighbor’s driveway. You should also:
- Clear your attic. If there’s anything stored in your attic, move it to another location to protect them from dust and debris.
- Shield your landscaping. To protect your plants and flowers, we recommend covering them with a tarp or sheet.
- Secure fragile items. If you have any fragile items in your home, such as vases or picture frames, it’s a good idea to put them away for safekeeping.
- Mow your grass. It may seem like an odd tip, but a well-manicured lawn can speed up the post-construction cleaning process. It will be easier to spot any nails or debris that may have fallen during the installation.
- Make arrangements for your household. If you have young children or pets, you might want to make arrangements for them during the project. This step will help minimize disruptions and keep everyone safe.
3. Be a Good Neighbor
A residential roof installation can be disruptive for you and your neighbors. There will be noise, dust, and debris, so it’s essential to be considerate of those around you.
As a courtesy, we recommend letting them know about the project in advance. This way, they can plan accordingly and make any necessary arrangements.
4. Partner with the Right Roof Contractor
A residential roof installation is a significant investment, and you want to be sure that you partner with the right contractor. At AWS Roofing, we have helped countless Floridians with their home improvement projects since 1987. When you partner with our team, expect no less than:
- Thorough consultations. We believe in providing our customers with all the information they need to make an informed decision. One of our expert roofing consultants will sit down with you to discuss your specific needs and budget for the project.
- Quality roof materials. AWS Roofing only uses products from trusted brands like Owens Corning, GAF, Certainteed, and PAC – CLAD to deliver lasting results. We want you to be happy with your new roof for years.
- Custom designs. We adopt cutting-edge technology to create custom designs for your home. You don’t have to worry about your roof being a copy of your neighbor’s.
- Premium customer service. From start to finish, we will be there to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Our team strives to make your home improvement experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
When you let AWS Roofing handle your residential roof installation, you don’t have to worry about exposed nails, shingle roof debris, or other problems. We guarantee superior craftsmanship and customer service on every project.
Call (386) 210-9673 to discover your options today!